MOOSEHEART is a residential childcare facility. Located on a 1,000-acre campus 38 miles west of Chicago, the Child City is a home for children and teens, from infancy through high school. Dedicated in July 1913 by the Moose fraternal organization, MOOSEHEART cares for youth whose families are unable, for a wide variety of reasons, to provide optimal opportunities for their success. Some have lost one or both parents; others are living in environments that are simply not conducive to healthy growth and development. Mooseheart provides children with a wholesome home-like environment and the best possible training and education.
Children live in one of thirty residences designed like a spacious single-family residence. Each is home for six to twelve children. The heart of the program is Family Teachers — providing a consistent, systematic method of care, with emphasis on social-skills development — skills essential for success in later life.
It is Mooseheart’s policy to admit qualified children who have a need. The Admissions Committee considers all applications of children in need; when and if there are capacity considerations, preference must obviously be given to those children who are affiliated with the Moose member families.
The following characteristics are considered
in determining eligibility for admission:
- Youth who will clearly fail to reach their potential (due to a variety of circumstances) unless significant intervention is made. These circumstances include conditions such as: one or both parents deceased, single parent unable to provide adequate care, grandparent who needs assistance in raising their children’s children, parent who needs assistance due to serious illness, child living in a home with significant domestic strife, etc.
- Student with average intelligence or above.
- Student is at or near grade level achievement.
- Student who does not exhibit characteristics that would cause him/her to be eligible for full-time special education.
- Student does not pose a threat to him/herself or others.
- Student is not in need of acute psychiatric treatment.
Need more information on applying for a child to live at Mooseheart? - Click Here
Ready to complete a Phase One Questionnaire? - Click Here
Inquiries regarding admission may be made by contacting… Mooseheart Admissions Department Phone: 630-906-3631 FAX: 630-859-6630 Email: Mooseheart Admissions
Are you qualified to become a Mooseheart Marketing Representative? Click Here for Description and Application Form!