Make a Difference in a Child's Life
|MOOSEHEART JOB POSTINGS
Live-in Family Teachers
| (More information below)
If you are interested in a Family Teaching position, please read the information provided below. To learn about employment opportunities at Moose International Headquarters, click here.
Join Mooseheart Child City and School in its mission to care for at-risk children and teens. Mooseheart, located 40 miles west of Chicago, is searching for couples or individuals who strongly believe that every child deserves a healthy, happy, nurturing environment in which to grow, and who are willing to dedicate their careers to enriching the lives of children and teens.
Mooseheart Family Teachers provide safe and caring home environments for children ranging in age from newborns to high school seniors. Family Teachers are responsible for teaching social and independent living skills, as well as providing educational assistance, self-esteem building, and spiritual and moral guidance.
Mooseheart offers Family Teachers:
• Eligibility for full health and low-cost dental benefits beginning the first of the month following employment
• Business vehicle available (when responsible for live-in youth)
• Free room and board (equivalent to a savings of more than $750 per month)
• Low cost employee medical health (BCBS-PPO or HMO) and dental insurance
• Self-directed 401(k) - company makes annual contributions regardless of employee's contributions
• Paid vacations, personal time off, and holidays
• Two days off each week, with 1 bonus day added each month.
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Possess valid driver's license and a good driving record
• High School diploma required (College degree preferred), experience is a plus - but not necessary
• Ability to work within a team approach and possess conflict-management skills
• Must have the ability to live and work within our campus environment, and have a personality that is nurturing, energetic, patient, and persistent. Must have the ability to work under challenging conditions, and possess strong oral, written, organization, and time-management skills.
If interested in discussing our employment opportunities in more detail, please contact:
Mooseheart Child City and School, Inc.
Kyle Rife, Director of Admissions/Recruiting
240 James J Davis Dr
Mooseheart, IL 60539
Fax: (630) 859-6630
Email - Kyle Rife
Please print the attached application and return a handwritten completed copy via scanned e-mail to Kyle Rife, fax at 630-859-6630, or mail to:
ATTN: Kyle Rife
Mooseheart Recruiting Department,
240 James J. Davis Dr.
Mooseheart, IL 60539
Mooseheart Family Teacher Information
Family Teacher Application (Submit Online)
Family Teacher Application (Print & Mail-In)
General Mooseheart Application (Submit Online)
General Mooseheart Application (Print & Mail-In)
We are prohibited by law to ask about criminal backgrounds at this time in the recruiting process, but please understand that we are licensed by the IL Dept. of Children and Family Services who has a list of criminal convictions that prevent employment in a childcare facility. Please review this list for details.